3-4 (8 Pancakes)
Preparation Time: 40-45 minutes
-½ cup Zucchini
-½ cup Yellow Squash
-¼ cup Carrot
-½ cup Rice Flour
-½ cup Dinkel Flour
-¾ cup Chana Powder
-Fresh Ginger root - to make 1 tsp. paste
-Garlic - to make 1 tsp. paste
-½ tsp. Turmeric powder
-1 tsp. salt
-¼ tsp. Garam Masala Powder
-¼ tsp. Fennel powder
-2 Tbsp. fresh Fennel leaves
-¼ tsp. Lemon juice
-2 cups water
-Sunflower Oil for cooking
1. Wash vegetables and grate into a large deep bowl.
2. Grind garlic and ginger to a fine paste, using either a food processor
or mortar & pestle.
3. Chop fennel leaves, fine.
4. Sift rice flour, dinkel flour and chana powder together and mix into
grated vegetables with your hands.
5. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt, garam masala, fennel and lemon
6. Add water while stirring with a spoon or mixing with your hand.
7. Make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
8. Heat less than 1 tsp. oil in a non-stick iron pan. Reduce to medium
heat and pour about 2 Tbsp. Batter, spreading it out in a spiral from
the center with a rounded spoon.
9. Cook the pancake on both sides until light brown.