1 Cup green mung beans - soaked overnight
2 Cup water + 1 tsp. salt- to cook beans in pressure cooker
2 Cup water - to achieve the soup
1 tbs. sunflower oil
½ tsp. mustard seeds
¼ tsp. hing - Asefoetida
1 bay leaf
½ tsp. tumeric
1 tsp. mixed Cumin and Coriander Powder
1½ tsp. ginger - chopped
½ tsp. garlic - chopped
2 tsp. salt
1½ tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. raw sugar cane
1 pinch garam masala powder
Time: 45 minutes
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Soak the mung beans overnight in water.
2) Clean and finely grind ginger and garlic
3) Drain the mung beans, wash them two times and cook in a pressure
cooker with the indicated amount of water until tender. It takes around
25 minutes, according to your pressure cooker. The beans have to be
4) Heat the oil in large deep saucepan and add mustard seeds. When
mustard seeds pop, add hing and bay leaf. Mix well.
5) Place the cooked beans - including the cooked water plus fresh
water - into the saucepan.
6) Bring to a boil and add all remaining spices. Simmer the mung beans
for a few minutes more.
of Garam Masala:
Cardamom 15 gm Clove 30 gm
Cinnamon 30 gm Black Pepper 30 gm.
store in an airtight container.