Grouchy When You Skip a
Easily Angered or
Watch Your Pitta; Here's
Seasonal changes are a time to re-focus
and fine tune our eating habits. Checking
in with our bodies to ensure our meal times
are satisfying and we we feel light and
refreshed after eating.
Let's review some simple, yet profound tips for
managing the Pitta increase of
- Try cleansing your bowels prior to
- Try a warm -not hot, not
cold- glass of water to help you evacuate the
- When making your breakfast
cereal & drinks use spices, but
don't overdo it with heating spices
that can aggravate Pitta
- Watch amount of cardamom,
cinnamon & clove.
- Be more conservative with black
- Soy Milk is very heating and
reducing your intake of it as well as yogurt/kefir
can be very helpful to aid in the balancing of Pitta
during the hot season of Summer.
- Ginger can however be used to aid
digestion of meals
- Remember to eat breakfast every day
& regularly take your herbs.
- Skipping meals, such as
breakfast, is not advised as breaking the fast of
sleep means Pitta is still in your body and needs
to be used for digesting
- If you notice you are hungry earlier
than usual, then listen to your body and change your
lunch time accordingly.
- During Spring you maybe ate
at 12:30 or 1, now you may feel you are ready
to eat by 11:30 or 12 - Go for it!
- You can eat some heavier foods
- Remember quality, as in
variety, is the key, not quantity!
- Feeling satisfied after a meal
has more to do with the body getting all the
flavors & tastes it needs to feel the meal
- Notice that when you eat the
same thing every day you may feel
disatisfied rather than refreshed; such
disatisfaction often leads to over-eating
to attain the sense of satisfaction or craving
foods that are processed and therefore
unhealthy (e.g. candy bar, cookie, coffee,
- Have fresh fruit or a fruit juice
that is suitable for your dosha rather than
candy, sugar or caffeine.
- This will help curb cravings and
allow for you to still enjoy
- Remember to eat lightly, as
the sun goes down, so does the power of our
digestion; much like the moon affects the
tide, we are affected by nature.
- Eat so you feel satiated but don't
- Try soups, steamed veggies &
foods which do not require a lot of digestive power.
- Avoid fermented products at this
- Enjoy a slow walk after eating.
- Wait 2 hours before
Science ~ Art ~